Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday poem - I touched these waters

This poem is part of a series titled 'Huron Days' I wrote in 1995 during a week's stay at  Pinery Provincial Park, located on the eastern shores of Lake Huron, Ontario, Canada.



I touched these waters
where called a different name
and these sunsets that
wrap your head like a shroud
 
I toss my body
between dunes into
pockets of stillness
striving for unison
 
I bury my flesh like
a Silverweed that burrows horizontally
a flowering surface web
 
desiccated roots
struggle to grip
the fleeting sand
of these nomadic contours
 
in this bowl of silence
one can escape the world
in a molding oasis of
erasable occurrences
 
a land of flotsam memories
that persist like the heartbeat
of a whole firmament
releasing multi-tonal melodies
in shimmering colors

No comments:

Post a Comment